• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Jun 22, 2021, 06:29 AM

News:

Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

America is to be envied

Started by Pwillie, Nov 14, 2020, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwillie

Nov 14, 2020, 10:13 PM Last Edit: Nov 14, 2020, 10:35 PM by Pwillie Reason: Edit: spelling and grammar.
As a Canadian (like most of the world) I have been following the election in the US and I can not help but envy what is happening in the United States right now. They along with the rest of the world has had to endure 4 years of the this criminal at the head of the United States. "America First", "Make America Great Again". Since WWII america has been the dominant nation on the planet. As such and by their own admission https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/000271624825500119?journalCode=anna, they have had a responsibility to act as the world's police, arbitrator of disputes, an agent of charity and philanthropy and although they have not been perfect, their leaders have understood these expectations for the most part until now.
America has always known that in order to remain on top they have had to retain their influence by advancing their interests and their ideals in way that is mutually beneficial with other nations.
By openly giving the middle finger to the rest of the world Trump has relieved America of this responsibility and alot of America's influence and power (maybe not so much power as yet) as well.
This recent election has seen record turnout voting and has overwhelmingly rejected Trump. He is nothing more than a symptom of an underlying deficiency in american governance which has now been exposed and therefore can hopefully be corrected. I think this is to be envied.
What do we as Canadians have to look forward to...A corrupt liberal Party, a corrupt PC party and a lame duck NDP party. At least America has a chance to work on the deficiencies in their system now, while we sit here happy we have a highly corrupt and dysfunctional government without the slightest glimmer of hope that I can see.
We need a DJT to slap of out of this, unless we learn from America's mistakes which is highly unlikely.
Just Sayin
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put .
 - Sir Winston Churchill

landyvlad

You don't like Trump much I gather.  I'm finely attuned to such things...  :lol
My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php