News

[New]There have been more changes made
 to this mod but it has not been re-packed yet.
I will try to get to that today.

[Old]  More changes have been made to the mod.
Use the link in the tab here to get to the topic.

Video of the day:

Internal Links

External Links

Quick Info

Freedom convoy

Started by Bigguy, Jan 28, 2022, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Anyone been watchin this. I think it's amazing what they are doin. Very awesome to see people standing up in Canada for what they believe in. If you have not heard about it well, watch this video.

Bigguy

Ronald

I believe in what they stand for. but there are white supremist groups shit disturbing. They now have disfigured the Terry Fox statue. People will ruin it for others all the time...

Bigguy

If there is it's a small minority of the people there and to be honest I don't believe this will get out of hand at all. I'm all for the truckers and wish I was in Ottawa with them. Nothing the government has said has really stood the test of time. I'm tired of this shit and it's time it ended.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 29, 2022, 07:56 PMIf there is it's a small minority of the people there and to be honest I don't believe this will get out of hand at all. I'm all for the truckers and wish I was in Ottawa with them. Nothing the government has said has really stood the test of time. I'm tired of this shit and it's time it ended.

It has gotten out of hand by the rowdies of the group. Stealing food from the homeless and blocking driveways, harassing people not involved.

The group that organized this convoy are a right wing radical group.

QuoteBefore people such as Tiessen became involved, the idea of the convoy appears to have come together through an alliance including a TikTok-using trucker, a western separatist and some of the oil and gas organizers who organized a 2019 convoy to Parliament Hill in support of pipelines.

Trucker Chris Barber, of Swift Current, Sask., who uses TikTok under several different user names, including BigRed1975 and ChrisBarber1975, has used the platform to post about his opposition to COVID-19 restrictions, including the border mandate that affects truckers.

One of his videos, about an Ontario trucker about to lose her job because of the mandate, was seen by Tamara Lich, an Alberta woman who works as the secretary for the western separatist Maverick Party.

Lich told right-wing interviewer Marc Patrone that she saw the videos, and was able to connect with both Barber and some of the pro-pipeline activists who worked on the 2019 United We Roll campaign.

Together, they all started social media pages and a fundraiser.

The United We Roll organizers took the lead on organizing schedules and locations for the convoy, informed by the 2019 effort.

Lich set up the GoFundMe, which started with $30,000 in donations on Jan. 15, and, as of Monday afternoon, had raised more than $3.5 million from almost 27,000 people.

In an interview with the Star, Barber said it's been overwhelming to watch the donations pour in, and that the help of the United We Roll organizers has been invaluable.

"It all came together in one big piece," Barber said. "This is the first time I've ever done anything like this before, so having the organizers from the last convoy has been great."

Barber said he doesn't think Lich's Maverick Party affiliation has anything to do with the convoy, which opposes mandates all across the country, but added that it makes sense to him that some western Canadians feel alienated from the rest of Canada.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2022/01/24/convoy-of-truck-drivers-protesting-vaccine-mandates-continue-trek-to-ottawa-as-supporters-praise-modern-day-blue-collar-soldiers.html

There are a bunch of radicals upsetting the demonstration, including a Pastor from Leamington On. who rejected the warnings to keep hi C hurch closed. He held meetinga all the time, and has some hefty fines to pay.

Bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on Jan 31, 2022, 03:50 PMIt has gotten out of hand by the rowdies of the group
I am hearing this as well. A few instances of crap going on. Let's try not to judge the purpose of this movement with the few bad eggs that are ruining it for the rest of the people.

Quote from: Ronald on Jan 31, 2022, 03:50 PMincluding a Pastor from Leamington On. who rejected the warnings to keep hi C hurch closed.
Oh, lol, is that guy there to.

I believe in the vaccines and the good they can do for the right people. I do not agree with taking away freedoms from anyone to push an agenda on people. People should be able to make up their own minds. A lot of doctors are saying we will now have to live with Covid, which is what I thought a long time ago. This virus is not going away. I think the only thing we can hope for is the strains to keep getting weaker. The more that get vaxxed the better really but it should not be pushed on people. That's all I agree with.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 31, 2022, 05:21 PMI believe in the vaccines and the good they can do for the right people. I do not agree with taking away freedoms from anyone to push an agenda on people. People should be able to make up their own minds. A lot of doctors are saying we will now have to live with Covid, which is what I thought a long time ago. This virus is not going away. I think the only thing we can hope for is the strains to keep getting weaker. The more that get vaxxed the better really but it should not be pushed on people. That's all I agree with.

I also believe in not forcing anyone to do what they do not wish to do, after all it's their life to do what they want with it.

But at the same time we have a epidemic on hand here in Canada and the rest of the world. You'd think they'd want to do their part in ridding this virus. Look how many it has killed old folks, young folks, babies, it doe not discriminate against anyone.

The way it is going, it not who is going to get the virus, it's just when I or you get the virus, even though we have been fully vaccinated.

Bigguy

Just another problem for the world to face and beat at some point I guess.