• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 10, 2021, 11:04 PM

News:

Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Secuurity

Started by Ronald, Oct 15, 2018, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I honestly don't think the problem is with your site. However, I'm not sure about the links in your affiliates that run across the bottom of the screen. Guests can't click on them so, I can't tell if any of those have an issue or not. But all else seems to be ok.

I think the person in question has probably clicked on something either on your site or from somewhere else that allowed it to get hold or their browser or email contacts and got the info that way. Ask them if they are getting similar things from other sites or from people in their contacts. Also, ask them if they have a firewall and AV installed and keep it updated. No matter where it's coming from those should help.

Skhilled

Ron, you haven't mentioned where the emails were coming from. Ask them to check the headers to make sure it is coming from your site. I'm not sure what email service they are using, but if they hover over the from it should revel the true sender. Depending on the service they might even be able to open the header and see exactly who's sending it.

I also wonder if Lee is up to her tricks again...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 16, 2018, 05:33 AMRon, you haven't mentioned where the emails were coming from. Ask them to check the headers to make sure it is coming from your site. I'm not sure what email service they are using, but if they hover over the from it should revel the true sender. Depending on the service they might even be able to open the header and see exactly who's sending it.

I also wonder if Lee is up to her tricks again...

Lee is long gone ages ago, she left maybe over a year ago, even moved out of town, some 150 miles away..

This is the Arcade we are talking about, I did check all the links in the Affiliate banners and they are all https://.. I think it's ok now because the lock in the url is now locked..

The person is a female member who lobes to complain, if I hear back from her I will sk her the questions..