• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Dec 06, 2021, 01:41 AM

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

I can't be helped

Started by Bigguy, Mar 31, 2018, 11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Hmm, ask something and get denied for some reason. I am just ranting here so don't mind me. I can't be helped cause I am running a beta version. I deleted the topic on SMF but I am sure it is there somewhere. I should have saved it. Just Fucked. :rigon

Ronald

Thats the way it is, we are not perfect, we are man!

Bigguy

I can't be helped because I am running a beta version. That's what was said to me. That is fucked. And if I can't be helped cause of that than why all the help up to this point WITH A BETA VERSION. Like what the fuck is going on.

chen_zhen

It depends on who responds to the topic.
Was it Kindred whom informed you there will be no support for your question?

Bigguy

No it was Coreisp. I even Pm'ed him asking what the fuck that was about and no answer...so far.

chen_zhen

Some people like to talk crap.
It makes them feel better to piss other people off.
Whichever people like to do that I tend to ignore for the most part.

Bigguy

Well, they better start gettin used to giving support for 2.1 cause it's close to RC. I think that was rude of him. If he was going to say that he could have PM'd me. Not said it right out on an open forum like that.

Steve

Core usually isn't so rude and cryptic. Wonder why he responded like that? (I read the thread in the recycle bin.)

Hmmm ... after re-reading it, and since Core isn't involved in the actual development of 2.1, he may have just been saying that he didn't know the answer to your question since you were talking about a version he wasn't familiar enough with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him, just trying to wrap my brain around his response. :)
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

I'm trying to understand it as well. I sent a PM to him askin what was up and no reply to that either. He was fine with me a week or so ago when he helped get my password changed. I don't get it. :donow

Ronald

Seems to me since the big changeover of the group, it has gotten worst..All the good people got out and no longer help out..

I know Kindred came after me one time, when I fired back at him, he kind of changed now and helps me some with no smart ass remarks..

As for Beta, they are always saying do not use on a live forum, why? we do make backups all the time,so why not help out someone who is running the Beta live, this way they get to know where the bugs are..

Why even have the dam Beta in the forum, I see others asking all the time for some type of help, it's a no, no pming anyone, they do not reply back.

Must be a someone working on the beat that will help out..

Bigguy

I like to help when I can where I can. I don't get it either. Not sure if he was being rude or what was going on. Then I get a PM saying they are gonna take my site outta the showcase forum cause I switched to the default theme. All I was trying to do was get some feedback on what I have done to the Curve theme. How am I supposed to get that if no one can see it. I was gonna change back to the vision theme after I had gotten a bit of feedback, none was forthcoming though for some reason. I don't feel very welcome over there right now for some reason.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 01, 2018, 02:36 PMI like to help when I can where I can. I don't get it either. Not sure if he was being rude or what was going on. Then I get a PM saying they are gonna take my site outta the showcase forum cause I switched to the default theme. All I was trying to do was get some feedback on what I have done to the Curve theme. How am I supposed to get that if no one can see it. I was gonna change back to the vision theme after I had gotten a bit of feedback, none was forthcoming though for some reason. I don't feel very welcome over there right now for some reason.

Well only one solution, We open a SMF Help forum.

Bigguy

Lmao, yeah, not sure about that. I opened SMFHelper originally to give back to a community that had been good to me. I'm not so sure of that any more. I love to help out and I do. I have been giving technical help for 8/10's of my online life. Either with websites or computers. It's in my blood. If I am not being appreciated though, well then there is no sense giving back.

Ronald

I'm with you on this..

Skhilled

I feel ya on that. I'm not going to even talk about CoreISP. But, never stop helping others, bigguy! Even if it's not with SMF there's a ton of other software out there you can get into and help. I was helping the phpBB Arcade for about a year or two beta testing and providing support. I beta test various software all of the time when I get bored just to see what else is out there. I am now an admin at CripZone themes and host it for free on my server along with a couple of other forums. I plan on learning how to code themes so I can keep them updated and hopefully be able to port them to SMF 2.1 or other forums in the future.

I have noticed a lot of good things at SMF lately. There are a few guys who seemed to have helped rebuild a lot of the old mods and they work well! Those guys are going a good thing! That was one of the things that was lacking at SMF. The other main thing is the crappy support from some people...not all. There are some good guys there but they seem to be overshadowed by the bad ones. The bad ones just can't tactfully answer a question without a snide remark or something. I've been wanting to make a post there about how those guys are helping to rebuild the community but will probably be shot down somehow so I didn't.

My biggest issue with SMF is that it seems to be getting buggier and buggier with each update.