• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Trade War

Started by Bigguy, Apr 07, 2018, 10:28 am

previous topic - next topic

Bigguy

This is not going to be a good thing for the States. I mean even if China was taking advatage of the U.S. like Trump says, this is the wrong way to go about things. What happened to sitting down and talking about shit to begin with. I mean that's what usually happens before you start a fight. A bit of name calling a bit of the puffing out of the chest and shit. Not trump, just slap'em with some tariffs and all will be good. No, I don't think so.

News

Skhilled

Anything that man does will not be good for us. LOL A lot of other nations are considering tariffs against us as well because it will drag them into it. Also, it will affect the costs of a lot of our companies that rely on those goods. They will have to pay higher fees and people may not buy their goods and services.

Bigguy

Yeah, I fear things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better.

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 07, 2018, 10:28 amWhat happened to sitting down and talking about shit to begin with.

Nothing ever gets done.
Dear kids who are snorting condoms, apparently your parents didn't use them correctly either.

Bigguy

Well, that's true. Man prices are gonna go up on a lotta things before or if this is ever over.

Steve

My brain says China can kiss my ass but my wallet ain't so sure ...
Dear kids who are snorting condoms, apparently your parents didn't use them correctly either.

Bigguy

:lau Yeah no doubt eh. Trump's nuts for startin all this shit but hey who am I to talk. The only good thing our government is doing is legalizing pot. And we'll have to wait to see how that goes, lol.

Skhilled

Makes no sense to pick on people who aren't bothering you...

Steve

I have no problem with Chinese people. The Chinese government however ...

Skhilled

I didn't mean you...meant Trump. LOL

Ronald

Trump has started a trade war, and Trump and the US will suffer for this.. Prices will go sky high, making the product impossible for the avgerage guy to buy, if the product is even available.. Can't see America making any of the cheap crap China send over to us.. Start manufacturing the products in America like Trump wants, would be great, but who the hell is going to work for slave labour wages..In order to keep the costs and prices down, you have to have slave labour..

EX: Steve makes furniture, which to me is quality, because of it being made in America. I have seen some of the crappy furniture shipped over from China, cheap as shit and falls apart..

Skhilled

News flash, Ron. Not all things in America are quality! There is a lot of crap made here too. It's more about the company and how it's run. I've bought quality things from all over the world including China.

My jobs sends out a lot of crap everyday! Why? Cause they only care about quantity instead of quality. They claim to care about quality but only care about how much they are sending out cause it translate into dollars. A lot of American companies are like that now. It's not like it used to be. The quality sucks and they treat their workers even less. The workers are pissed off and don't care and deliberately send out crap just to make their goals so they don't get yelled at. Our bosses will allow things they know arenot right to be sent out so they can make their goals.

It's all about getting the money while you can! People who work at other jobs that I speak to say the same thing...

Ronald

Guess I am naive then.. I always thought Americans took pride in their work..

I worked for a tool and mould shop in Canada, we turned out precision moulds for the automotive industry. During our Christmas shut down, I'd bring in some of the clients moulds that were made in China. Tell you I seen an awful lot of junk, not only in the mould making but the steel was not up to par, cracks galore. Cheap steel and shoddy workmanship..

Skhilled

Some Americans do and others don't. Mostly, it's the companies fault. When I first started there someone would stay with you for about 2 weeks until you were comfortable enough to do things without screwing up a lot of things. Today, they stay with you 2-3 days and if you make a mistake they yell at you. We have a lot of problems keeping people there.

Our bosses are about pushing the numbers because they are paid a bonus based on that amount. You can tell when their bosses were yelling at them because they start yelling at us to push our numbers up to get the stuff out the door. Then they want to bitch about the quality when the customers complain.

About a week ago I found an order for about 20 doors and they were all the wrong size. We showed it to my boss and he said if the HECT machine passed them then send them out the door! The HECT machine is a machine that almost all doors need to pass through for size. The doors must within a full 1/16th of an inch in width and length and cannot be out of square. That machine is crap! I've found doors that came from there that were 1/8" - 1/4" too big or too small which tells you the machine is far from perfect.

I look in the newspaper for jobs and see the same postings week after week. Those companies are not expanding, they just can't keep people because they treat them like crap or expect them to work too many hours for little pay. This has become the norm with a lot of companies.