Dec 15, 2018, 12:38 am

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads and great discussion. Plus a lot more to come. Articles are back now. And so is a radio for Members ;)

The count down is on.

Started by Bigguy, Oct 12, 2018, 08:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Things are gonna change in Canada in 5 days. Pot is legal, yup, they finally did it. I personally think it was a good idea. For a number of reasons. One: The police can leave potheads alone and start to focus on drugs that are actually dangerous. Two: It's gonna bring in a lot of money to the country that I think is needed. Three: New jobs will form, meaning more employment.

Crime will go down a bit I think as well. I'm not sure about this but it is possible. Any opinions on this from anyone ??

Ronald

Everyone to their own thoughts on this..I think Canada is just adding one more drug to the pot. Clean up the drug problems we have in Canada now, before adding more to it..

Money wise yes it's going to be a heyday for the producers and the government, the workers not sure, but I doubt they'll make good money, but how about the people not involved it this pot thing, they are going to get robbed and there homes broken into so these people that need the money can steal from you to continue on with their problem..

The Canadian government released this way to soon, the Police departments have no clue on what to do or how to test the drivers of vehicles driving high.Oh yea they got the fines all worked out just fine..

Just hear on the news station yesterday where some pot farm had to burn the crop because it was going beyond its good by date, simply not enough workers, I forgot just how many million of dollars in value this crop was worth..

Next you'll be banned from America, and No uncle Trump ain't going to pardon you.. You smell of pot, your vehicle smells of pot, you admit you use or used pot, say good ye to America, because you are now banned..

Now which drug should we put legally put into the hands of the public, may make crack cocaine legal next?

Bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 pmClean up the drug problems we have in Canada now, before adding more to it..
I actually think this is cleaning it up...a bit. The police will not have to worry or put billions of dollars behind fighting marijuana users anymore. That money can be better spent cleaning up crack and cocaine and shit like that.

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 pmThe Canadian government released this way to soon, the Police departments have no clue on what to do or how to test the drivers of vehicles driving high.Oh yea they got the fines all worked out just fine..
They do have tests out now, just not enough qualified testers to use it. They need to train more police to use the test then they'll be fine.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 13, 2018, 01:04 pm
Quote from: Ronald on Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 pmClean up the drug problems we have in Canada now, before adding more to it..
I actually think this is cleaning it up...a bit. The police will not have to worry or put billions of dollars behind fighting marijuana users anymore. That money can be better spent cleaning up crack and cocaine and shit like that.

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 pmThe Canadian government released this way to soon, the Police departments have no clue on what to do or how to test the drivers of vehicles driving high.Oh yea they got the fines all worked out just fine..
They do have tests out now, just not enough qualified testers to use it. They need to train more police to use the test then they'll be fine.

Here is a piece by our chief of police,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cannabis/frustrated-windsor-police-chief-wants-his-officers-to-avoid-cannabis-altogether/ar-BBOhO2E?li=AAggFp5

Bigguy

I don't think police should be on it either. If you can't drug drive than you can't be a cop. It's that simple.

Skhilled

Well, the thing is that there are those who can handle smoke it and those that can't. The ones that can handle it aren't a problem. But the ones who can't are. Some some it is just a stepping stone to harder drugs. I'm a former pot head and did march to try to legalize it many years ago.

But the way things are now. I'm not so sure. It puts people in a daze and they don't pay attention and aren't aware of what's going on around them...like the current state of affairs in politics, etc. Maybe testing would be in order? But that would cost money too...

Bigguy

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 15, 2018, 11:31 amIt puts people in a daze
Mostly the younger generation is what I see.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 15, 2018, 12:19 pm
Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 15, 2018, 11:31 amIt puts people in a daze
Mostly the younger generation is what I see.

Oh no loads of older people smoking pot, they all claim it helps the pain.

Toronto police prohibited from using recreational pot within 28 days of reporting for duty

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-police-prohibited-from-using-recreational-pot-within-28-days-of-reporting-for-duty-1.4855562

The union thinks this is unfair.. Can you see a Police Officer running around high, I can, and I think we'll see it soon..These Police Officers are no dam angels.

Bigguy

I meant it mostly puts younger people in a daze. Older people can deal with it a lot better I think. They are more mature about the effects and what it does. I know there will be cops gettin suspended with pay mind you for smokin on the job. You watch.

Steve

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 15, 2018, 02:20 pmOh no loads of older people smoking pot, they all claim it helps the pain.

Claim? It's a fact.
If you ever think you'd be brave at gunpoint, just reflect on how
you responded the last time someone aimed a rubber band at you.