• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 01, 2021, 04:52 AM

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

Chrome changes

Started by Bigguy, Oct 21, 2018, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Did you know that siging into google while using chrome signs you into chrome as well. Even if I don't use the browser myself. If I sign into one website, that is all I want to be signed into. I don't want to be signed into my browser as well. And anyway, who does wanna be signed in on their browser ???  I don't see a need for it. Just another way companies can follow you around and get more info. They have changed it now to give users more control, which is the way it should have been from the start.

News

Skhilled

I've already known about this just from using it. If you log into anything of Google's you're logged into them all except for sync. While this does make things easier as far as not having to use multiple logins I've always had some security concerns about that. It's only of the many reasons why I'm trying to move away from using their search engine and email services. I've never really used much else from Google.

Bigguy

I hear more and more all the time that people are trying to drop google and their services. Privacy is always the main concern. If they are spying on us this much how much is happening that we can't see.

Skhilled

Exactly! I've always been security-minded and will take whatever precautions I can for my privacy and security...and to help others.