Nov 16, 2018, 05:33 am

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

Initiative Q

Started by Bigguy, Nov 05, 2018, 07:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Nov 05, 2018, 07:51 pm Last Edit: Nov 05, 2018, 10:18 pm by Bigguy Reason: spelling
Anyone heard of this....Could be the next virtual money like bit coin. This link is from my profile as I have signed up. Check it out if ya want. I'm not pushin anyone here either as this is a referral link I would imagine.

QuoteInitiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/HUZtLLA3Q

This link will stop working once I'm out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end

chen_zhen

I get the idea of these bit coin currencies for international purposes.

Actual usage:
If you travel to different Countries then everything can cost X number of coins with no exchange rate.
The same thing applies to online shopping.. one type of currency without an exchange rate nor surcharge for converting.

No business runs for free though.. so if something actually became legitimate then they will charge fees of some sort.

Investment:
investing in a crypto-currency that boasts they are attempting to square a deal with a major financial institution:

The thing is that until a major financial institution implements such a thing, which stores are going to accept this in their computers? 

There are all kinds of these supposed alternate currency investments popping up right now and in my opinion they are a scam.

chen_zhen

This company pesters me all the time because I showed interest in investing:
https://amon.tech/

Investment-wise perhaps I could have taken a chance.
By the name it seems they focus on a Middle-East/Asian consumer background.
That background boasts some of the highest populous in the world.
If their stock is public, I invested early and people bought into their sales pitch then perhaps it would have been a good short-term investment. I did not pursue nor follow up on anything though.

You take your chances.. All I can tell you is that there are many of the same thing popping up right now. All of them are likely boasting that if you invest you will make $$.

Bigguy

Nov 05, 2018, 10:28 pm #3 Last Edit: Nov 05, 2018, 10:41 pm by Bigguy
Quote from: chen_zhen on Nov 05, 2018, 10:07 pmone type of currency without an exchange rate
They say it is 1 USD for 1 Q or whatever they call it. So there would be some sort of exchange if I pay in CAD, who gets that, whoever exchanges it ???

Quote from: chen_zhen on Nov 05, 2018, 10:07 pmin my opinion they are a scam.
I was thinkin about bitcoin and how it took off....well, for the most part I think it did. It could very well be a scam. You are right about stores and businesses accepting it. That, I would think would be a long time off if it ever happened. I'm glad I posted the link though so I could get opinions. I was leanin toward scam but at the same time, who knows. It probably is, lol. I'll wait to see what a few others think than remove it I guess. I should have known better.

* Bigguy goes off to find the rules.

EDIT: (you answered before I finished typing, lol.)
I don't have enough to invest. Maybe some day. It would be nice to be on the ground floor of something that panned out though.

Bigguy

Sorry posted in the wrong board. :)

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

I approved you Geoff, it now says I have Q8,557 so can I cash out now ;)

Bigguy

Yeah, I would love to. I don't have that much but what I do have would be appreciated, lol.

Skhilled

Personally, being one who has surfed the net for about 30 years...I think it is too early to get into bitcoins, etc. There are no set rules or laws (local/national/international) to prevent anything from going wrong. Furthermore, there are too many variances...no single setup. I'm not sold on it yet. I'll sit back and let the guinea pigs go for it. LOL

Bigguy

I guess that would be me, lol. :)