Dec 15, 2018, 07:20 pm

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

Linux Mint

Started by 🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳, Nov 18, 2018, 10:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

So I thought I would try Linux Mint on my old laptop, so far so good, going to take a while to get used to it I think.

I have managed to login to it with teamviewer so its a bit easier to play with from my desktop ;)

heres a view of the screen...

Bigguy

Well, that looks all right to doesn't it. :yes

Skhilled

I've played with Mint in the past and like it a lot.

Bigguy

Is it a lot like Windows or is there  major differences.

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

I suppose its a little like windows, have a look at this video I found, explains it a little more, does go one a bit...

Bigguy

Your right it does go on a bit, lol. Very cool though all the progress they have made.

Pwillie

Any trouble getting drivers for the hardware? Been a while since I had to apt-get anything from a command console. I used to dual boot windows and ubuntu alot and always had alot of trouble getting drivers on the linux side.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put .
 - Sir Winston Churchill

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

Not that I noticed, everything seems to be working fine so far, would like to get a remote desktop working on it though :(

Skhilled

Quote from: Pwillie on Dec 06, 2018, 10:20 amAny trouble getting drivers for the hardware? Been a while since I had to apt-get anything from a command console. I used to dual boot windows and ubuntu alot and always had alot of trouble getting drivers on the linux side.
That would depend on your hardware mostly. I suggest downloading a live copy and putting it on a usb stick or dvd and load it that way so you don't have to actually install it. It ma run slightly slower but you'll be able to see what works and what doesn't without wasting and hd space.