Dec 15, 2018, 07:19 pm

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads and great discussion. Plus a lot more to come. Articles are back now. And so is a radio for Members ;)

Boot times

Started by Bigguy, Nov 25, 2018, 01:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

How fast does your computer boot to your o/s. Mine was 48 sec. That's with all programs loaded on desktop. :yes

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

Mine is a bit slow to how it should be, because I have a lot of connected drives, but normally about 1 min.

My C drive is an ssd

Bigguy

A minute is good time with all those drives there.

Skhilled

I haven't checked since I've built this a couple of years ago but have almost as many drives as Les.

Bigguy

I have three extra here I use now but I leave them unplugged.

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

Mine are all internal drive, the USB drives you see are just viewing the sockets 

chen_zhen

My PC boots fast since I installed internal ssd's for the OS.
I still own some HDD's that are hooked up to my PC.
Those take a few seconds to boot when accessed for the first time.
The Seagate HDD's seem to have a bit of a slow warm-up.

Bigguy

SSD is the way to go for drives no doubt about that. :good

live627

I see the desktop in probably 20 seconds. 1 SSD and 1 HDD

I always hibernate the computer because I can pick up right where I left off.

Bigguy

Hibernating the machine, aaaah I see, lol. Try it from a cold boot. I bet your times are right around mine. :)

live627

That 20 sec figure actually is cold boot.

Bigguy

Well than, that is a very good boot up time. Right from shut off to desktop. Damn, wish I had those times, lol. I have enough time to turn on my computer go to the fridge, grab a beer, pet the dog and sit down to type in my password. Programs load and off we go, lol. :)

Skhilled

Yup, me too. LOL

Pwillie

I'm about 15-20 seconds from cold as well. Running OS (Win 10 home 64 bit) from an SSD and using HDD for games and media and such.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put .
 - Sir Winston Churchill

lurkalot

About a fortnight. Bloomin slow, and seems to be getting slower after every Windows update.