Dec 15, 2018, 07:20 pm

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads and great discussion. Plus a lot more to come. Articles are back now. And so is a radio for Members ;)

Microsoft building chrome

Started by Bigguy, Dec 04, 2018, 06:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

How is this going to turn out. MS wants to ditch Edge and start using chrome in windows instead. They are saying that Edge has fallen behind other browsers and instead of working on it to make it better, they are just gonna start using something else. Why don't they just fix the problems they have. I don't get it but the article has more info if ya wanna read.

News

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

I don't like using edge at all, I know when I open it on my PC it wont close, I have to revert to the task manager to close it.

Google and Microsoft have had a love/hate relationship for years :)

Bigguy

Edge works fine for me. I just don't like it, nor do I like chrome. I can't imagine what the two together would be....chrodge, lol. That don't sound right, lol.

🅻🅴🆂🅼🅾🅽🅳

I normally use Chrome or FF

Quote from:  Geoffchrodge, lol. That don't sound right

lol sounds rude ;) :blsh

Bigguy

I think it is going to be rude, lol. A merger between the two. Eeewww :tc

live627

So now Edge will use thee Chromium engine, eh? Alrighty then.

I exclusively use Firefox since 2.0. I don't care about this.

But it's good to see Microsoft's hubris being slowly whittled away. They don't control the world like during the turn of the century.

Bigguy

Quote from: live627 on Dec 04, 2018, 06:22 pmI exclusively use Firefox
I use other browsers for testing but FF is my go to all the time.

Pwillie

Makes me wanna go back to opera just to check it out again. I used to use it alot. downloading now.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put .
 - Sir Winston Churchill

live627

Bigguy

Quote from: live627 on Dec 05, 2018, 11:12 pmUse Netscape Navigator. :yes
Lmao, I'm surprised anyone remembers that.

live627

AOL ;)

Wasn't Firefox loosely based on Netscape?

Bigguy

Oooh, I don't wanna say yes but it MAY have been I guess. I can't remember now, lol. That was a long time ago. :blsh

Bigguy

live627

QuoteFirefox is the spiritual successor of Netscape Navigator, as the Mozilla community was created by Netscape in 1998 before their acquisition by AOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox

I should d remember too use Wikipedia more often. :)

Skhilled

Netscape was the best browser, imo.