Jan 22, 2019, 02:53 pm

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

Winter storm for the states

Started by Bigguy, Dec 09, 2018, 04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

:( I'm sorry to hear that man. I didn't know. Can ya drink any alcohol :dk

Ken.

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 11, 2018, 09:20 am:( I'm sorry to hear that man. I didn't know. Can ya drink any alcohol :dk

Sorry to say, but no. It's a long story, but the short version is, one kidney+chemo = zero alcohol.
The only drink that I every really cared about is beer, or on rare occasions a glass of wine, but that's all in the past now. :beer
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Bigguy

Damn, that sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. My neighbor had to stop drinkin as well. The doctors tried some experimental crap on him that was supposed to fix him all up but when it was time to have a beer, all he could do was throw up.

Ken.

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 11, 2018, 10:42 amDamn, that sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. My neighbor had to stop drinkin as well. The doctors tried some experimental crap on him that was supposed to fix him all up but when it was time to have a beer, all he could do was throw up.

Damn! That surely would suck! I can still drink beer with no short term problems, but it would mean taking a very serious chance of trashing my one remaining kidney. Plus my Doctors might boot my butt to the curb if I were to ignore their instructions.

One note should be added here... I'm not about to bitch about my circumstance because lots of folks have it way worse than me, if you could go with me to the clinic you'd see just how blessed and lucky I am.
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Bigguy

Hey, it's good though you can still drink if you want. At least you have that choice. ;)

Ken.

hahahaha... that's true.

Skhilled

Yeah, someone will always have it worse than you so always be thankful for what you've got cause it could always be worse! ;)

Ken.