Jan 22, 2019, 02:59 pm

News:

There are a lot more boards available to members.

No parole

Started by Bigguy, Dec 11, 2018, 07:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I hope the bastard gets 50 years. Why walk into a Mac's store and rob it to begin with, your not going to get much. After you rob it...WHY would you shoot and pistol whip two clerks....If I was the Judge.....No parole, 50 years, your done.

News

Skhilled

Bigguy

He got sentenced. Two 25 year terms but they are to run concurrent to each other. Plus 2 8 year sentences for the armed robbery I think it said. Not enough imo.

News

Steve

I never understood the point of concurrent sentences.

It's a shame the death penalty is on it's way out. Scum like this need to be removed from the planet. Why should the public have to house and feed him for most of the rest of his miserable life?
If you ever think you'd be brave at gunpoint, just reflect on how
you responded the last time someone aimed a rubber band at you.

Bigguy

Quote from: Steve on Dec 16, 2018, 05:39 pmI never understood the point of concurrent sentences.
I think it has to do with them not wantin to feed and house their fucked up ass for that long. Not sure though.

Skhilled

It is because of multiple sentences. If I do 2 things and get sentenced for each. let's say 5 years each, then concurrent means both 5 year sentences would run back to back. I can't get out until both sentences are completed...10 years. It's a way to keep offenders in jail and off the streets longer.

Bigguy

Both 5 year sentences would run together, concurrently. You would only be in 5 years but would have done two sentences while there. Consecutive sentences run one after the other. Once one 5 year sentence was done the other would start.

Skhilled