May 26, 2019, 08:06 pm

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Updated to RC1

Started by Bigguy, Dec 28, 2018, 08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

OK the alerts should be fixed now. I hope, lol. I missed a line when I was manually adding code.

Skhilled

Okey dokey, Smokey.

lurkalot

Seems I've been using the wrong method to upgrade 2.1 between various nightly builds. https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=564065.0

How do you bring yours up to date?

Bigguy

I download the zip file from GH and update manually. Upload files, overwrite and upgrade.

Bigguy

lurkalot

Dec 30, 2018, 08:14 pm #20 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2018, 08:27 pm by lurkalot
Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 30, 2018, 08:08 pmI download the zip file from GH and update manually. Upload files, overwrite and upgrade.

So you are doing it the wrong way as well then. I do the same as you, and use those nightly builds as well.  I'm sure we're not alone in using this method, but reading that topic it seems running upgrade.php won't update the database properly.

Bigguy

I do not use the nightly builds. I watch GH for updates and pull requests and shit. I download the zip from GH and upload files from that.

Skhilled

Upgrade.php hasn't worked properly for any smf version for a few years and they refuse to fix it stating there's not a need to do so.

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 30, 2018, 08:36 pmI do not use the nightly builds. I watch GH for updates and pull requests and shit. I download the zip from GH and upload files from that.

Yep I've done that as well at times, the nightly build are more convenient for me though, plus you can compare the NB to the main repo to see if it's up to date.

What Kindred is saying though, running the upgrade script after overwriting your files won't work properly, and you have to update the database manually. That was the part which was news to me.. ;)

Bigguy

I have always ran it and had no problems. Not sure what he is talkin about.

lurkalot

Like I said, so have I.  ;)  I will probably continue to do so as well, at least until I run into problems.

Skhilled

As long as you don't have any problems running upgrade.php will say it works...on some servers. On others it won't I haven't figured out why yet but do have a topic on my site for smf 2.0.x versions with a fix that worked for me. Not sure about 2.1 versions. Haven't had enough time to play with them yet for that.

But when you do run into a problem with it smf will not help you. Hopefully, that fix may somehow help you.

https://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?topic=1168.0

Bigguy

Bookmarked. Hope I never have to use that but if I do it's good to know it's there. ;)

Skhilled

When I get a chance to play with RC1 more I'll give it a good test and see if it works cause I'm curious about it. Atm, I'm frustrated at trying to get the server to show the correct amount of hd space. :P

Bigguy

That has been a problem with a lot of servers in my opinion.