Jan 18, 2020, 07:38 PM

News:

Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

U.S. Government shutdown

Started by Bigguy, Jan 02, 2019, 07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

It has been going on for a bit now. A government shutdown in the states. Trump wants the wall and everyone else doesn't. How does this effect people in the States. I'm not to sure to be honest. Anyway, they are supposed to meet today around 3 for talks at the whitehouse. Will he get the funding he needs :ja

News

Bigguy

I'm sure the Mexico/U.S. border has seen rougher times but I guess U.S. is firing tear gas into Mexico. It says people there were throwing rocks at them...really. Ignore it, lmao. Throwing rocks means tear gas like holy shit, lol.

News

Ronald

Jan 02, 2019, 06:58 PM #2 Last Edit: Jan 02, 2019, 07:03 PM by Ronald
If Trump had a brain i would rattle. This guy is something else, all about him, poor Mr. Trump..

Bigguy

It'll all be about him not havin full control over the house and shit now. Things will get interesting I bet, lol....or the senate or whatever he lost control of.

Skhilled

He's a big spoiled brat. That's exactly how he acts.

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 02, 2019, 07:45 AMTrump wants the wall and everyone else doesn't.

Who is 'everyone else'? He got elected in a landslide on the promise of a wall so there's certainly a multitude of people who want it. And if you mean Congress, they should listen to their constituents like they're supposed to and support what the constituents want.
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Quote from: Steve on Jan 04, 2019, 06:24 PMWho is 'everyone else'?

I don't see a lot of people in the streets wavin flags or holdin up banners sayin "Give us the wall", lol. I could be wrong I guess. The news has a tendency to only show the more dismal side of things. :)

Quote from: Steve on Jan 04, 2019, 06:24 PMHe got elected in a landslide

Not sure about a land slide....is he not still being investigated for some sort of Russia interference. I don't know, sounds a bit fishy, lol.

Quote from: Steve on Jan 04, 2019, 06:24 PMAnd if you mean Congress, they should listen to their constituents like they're supposed to and support what the constituents want.

I completely agree with this. They should listen and give the people what they ask for. 100% :good

Skhilled

We've got a lot better things to spend our money on than a wall. Homelessness, drugs, crime in general, helping our own Americans first and a lot of other things. To make America great you first need to take of the Americans. Even Hitler was smart enough to know that if you take care of the people first you will have a greater chance that they will back you.

Ronald

Trump doesn't care about the shutdown, he couldn't care less about the 800,000 workers out there..This is one of his dam "Temper Tantrums" it's all about him. Remember Trump has never had a job his entire life, never did a honest day's work in his life, doesn't have a clue about how other workers live and work, they have bills to pay..Yea Trumps says the banks, and mortgage companies will go easy on them.. Well Trump forecloses on mortgages after there are 30 days in default..

Don't put the blame on the Democrats, Trump was offered 1.6 billion, plus a couple  of other items, and Trump refused the offer..

Trump is a one man show, doesn't listen to his advisor's or anyone else in the Whitehouse Staff..Trump didn't shut the government down, Trump is doing his best to shut America down.

Trump has to cancel his Twitter account and learn how to run the Government of America the proper way.Trump has to stop his dam lies and live up to what he is suppose to do..take care of America..

Skhilled

Bigguy

I can't believe this is still going on. He's not gonna get the cash, lol.

Bigguy

Lots of government employees are stayin home. This shut down continues and Trumps bein a big baby about it. I don't know how this guy can do this.

News

Steve

I've defended him and I've criticized him but this is by far the stupidest thing he has done. He's punishing American workers who need to feed their families and pay their rent/mortgage for what? Something (as Geoff said) he's not going to get anyway?

Allan

Government up and running for at least 3 weeks, this needs to stop already.

Steve

Ronald

Government open now.. I crossed at the Detroit border this morning, only two lanes open out of about 24 lanes.

I was answering the border Guard's questions, then at the end I thanked him for working through the shutdown, he responded I had no choice, but thanks to telling me this I appreciate ..

Steve

Quote from: Ronald on Jan 27, 2019, 02:33 PMGovernment open now

Yeah, but for how long? Our psychopath President will probably shut it down again ...