Jul 21, 2019, 03:23 am

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Okerlund passes on

Started by Bigguy, Jan 02, 2019, 12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Jan 02, 2019, 12:26 pm Last Edit: Jan 02, 2019, 09:17 pm by Bigguy
If you were ever a fan of wrestling than you know the name "Mean" Gene Okerlund. He has passed on. The WWE announcer was one of the best known announcers in the business. Read the article to learn more.  :( :rip

Quote from: undefinedLongtime pro wrestling personality "Mean" Gene Okerlund has died, World Wrestling Entertainment announced on Wednesday.

The native of Sisseton, SD was 76.

News

Skhilled

Yes, I heard about it. No matter what happened he always kept his cool. LOL R.I.P.

Bigguy

It's to bad to see him go. I liked him. Even seen him wrestle once or twice, lol. Not in person.

Steve

I'm a wrestling fanatic and I absolutely did not know he wrestled briefly until I read that he'd died.

The man was awesome.

We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Well, he stood there and got beat really, not much wrestlin to that, lol. I liked him though. Ever since I been watchin wrestlin he has been there.

Skhilled

Yup, he was a wrestler and got beat up once as an interviewer. I think it was Macho Man when he first came out or somebody else. But I remembered seeing and thinking what a coward to beat up an interviewer...

Bigguy

Was it Macho man.....I think you are right. Back in those days it was like Mean Gene was the announcer for Hulk Hogan and Macho man and Hogan were enemies, so what better way to get to Hogan....Take out Mean Gene, lol. Aaah the good ole days. :cheers

Skhilled

Yes! Now I remember. At first they were enemies then later became friends. I think Hulk didn't want to fight Macho Man at first until he beat up Mean Gene.

I don't watch wresting now and haven't in a lot of years but used to watch it all of the time back then.

Bigguy

:yes  me to. I used to watch it all the time. Like you though it has been awhile since I watched it. I will stop on that channel every once and awhile and check it out but I don't watch anymore. there were some damn good matches back when we thought it was real though, lmao.