Mar 18, 2019, 09:02 pm

News:

There are a lot more boards available to members.

6.5 Billion km from earth

Started by Bigguy, Jan 03, 2019, 08:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Right at the edge of our solar system. That's pretty wild if you ask me. Horizons spacecraft is even sending back pics. Not ones you would expect though. Or at least, I didn't. The planet it is investigating is called Ultima Thule. Almost sounds like it's out of a game or something, lol. I think it's pretty cool though, all of it. The part about being 6.5 billion km from earth though and still being able to communicate. That's pretty weird. I wonder what the phone bill is like, lol.

News

Steve

The fact that we even have pictures like these are mind-boggling ...
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

I know eh. They are callin it the Snowman planet.

Skhilled

I've read another article that says it is actually two things with one just close to the other making it appear to be a "snowman" figure. Can't find the article, atm tho...

Bigguy

That could be to. I'm not sure, I read a few articles. I say until they get better pics it's gonna be hard to tell I think. I saw one article that told ya to put on 3d glasses to see it real good. Wish I could find that one.

Steve

Quote6.5 Billion km from earth

Btw, what the hell is a kilometer?

Bigguy

Lmao, your really gonna make me tell ya, lol.

1Km = 0.621371 miles

Skhilled

It's a meter that kills. LOL

Bigguy

Lmfao, holy shit it is. I don't think I even knew that, lol. :dk

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 11, 2019, 09:20 pmLmao, your really gonna make me tell ya, lol.

If y'all used the right system of measurement, you wouldn't have to.  :P

Kill-o-meter ...  :lol

Bigguy

Lmao. it's funny cause I always use miles. Like when someone asks how far away somethin is....."Oh, bout 4 miles or so" is usually my answer.

Skhilled

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 11, 2019, 09:52 pmI always use miles. Like when someone asks how far away somethin is....."Oh, bout 4 miles or so" is usually my answer.

Where I'm at distance is measured in minutes ...

How far is the closest Walmart?

About 5 minutes or so ...

Bigguy

Lol, my 5 minutes would be a lot different than others. I drive a bit fast, lol.