• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Jan 24, 2021, 10:11 PM

News:

Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Custom css icons

Started by Bigguy, Jan 07, 2019, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I am trying now to do this with css. As you can see I have custom board icons showing now.

Bigguy

OK, I know things look a bit weird right now, lol. Let me get the icons sorted and it should look better.

Bigguy

OK, so I cheated, lol. So far though so good.

Bigguy

I think it looks good so far.

Bigguy

A few screenshots :P It still needs a bit more work here and there but I think it's cool.

Tesla

It looks great Bigguy :)

Lesmond

Looking good mate :yes

The one your using for the server board is the same we use to use for our hosting.. :shocked1:

Bigguy

Lmao, I got that from some icon archive site. That's were most of them come from.

Bigguy

I have more work to do. It looks good on the phone and tablet as well but I want to do something with spacing and crap. I'm just playin. I can't make a mod outta what I did so I might as well have fun. :)

Lesmond

Is there a mod that does the same? if so you could edit that to do what your doing.

Bigguy

The mod in this thread does that. cbi mod. But it is not compatible with 2.1 That's why I am doing this, trying to update my mod for 2.1

Bigguy

OK, I made a few more changes. Not only to code but to the descriptions for boards. Everything should look good now. I might play around with New post image but other than that. I think it is done for now. :yes

Skhilled

Yes, they look great, especially the new icons! The only thing is that it shoes "new posts" icons as a guest and shouldn't show those.

Bigguy

It always has though even on 2.0.x it did this. I think the idea behind it is so guests see there is activity on the site. Not sure though.

Skhilled

Not on my site or any of the other sites I'm used to going to for smf 2.0.x versions. It has always shown No New Post icons for guests although you can make it show them. SMF 2.1 versions it does show New Posts icons.