Dec 11, 2019, 02:00 AM

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

USB headset stopped working

Started by Lesmond, Jan 14, 2019, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

So a windows update came along the other day, I was watching a TV show on my PC with the headset on, and after the update they stopped working :(

I looked at the site for drivers but none for this model MHS-U-001 usb headset :(

I rolled back the windows update and they started working again :yes  so obviously its the update that caused the problem.

I uninstalled the driver for the USB device and tried again but nothing seems to work!!

Any one have an idea at all, other than removing the windows update again?

Bigguy

Can you just roll back the driver update for the device from the Device manager. Does any other sound work on the computer or did it take all your sound away. Is it an onboard sound card or an add-in.

Lesmond

Speakers work OK they use the onboard sound card.

I have tried to roll back the driver for the USB device but nothing happens.

Has I said I can only get the headset to work is by removing the windows update. but as you know it wants to update again the next day.

Headset works fine on my wife laptop, also windows 10

Bigguy

With the update, you can tell windows not to install any drivers. Have you tried that option.

Bigguy

Have you tried the troubleshooters in W10 after the update. ???

Lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 14, 2019, 10:53 AMWith the update, you can tell windows not to install any drivers. Have you tried that option.
Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 14, 2019, 11:00 AMHave you tried the troubleshooters in W10 after the update. ???
I tried both, no luck :(

Tried this too...
Quote from: undefinedDo not plug USB headset while Windows 10 is booting
Some conflict could exist between your USB headset and other USB devices. In order to avoid this conflict occur, make sure plug your USB headset after your computer gets into Windows 10.

In this case, you can unplug your USB headset first, and reboot your Windows 10. Then plug your USB headset when Windows 10 starts.

Bigguy

This seems to be a problem for a lot of people. I'll search a bit more after work and see what I can come up with.

Lesmond

The same thing happened to my onboard graphic after a windows update, it was cheaper for me to buy a new GPU than replace the MOBO.