Apr 19, 2019, 09:12 am

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

Counterpart, TV Show

Started by Lesmond, Jan 27, 2019, 08:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

This is an espionage thriller with a metaphysical twist, Counterpart tells the story of Howard Silk, a lowly cog in a bureaucratic UN agency who is turning the last corner of a life filled with regret, when he discovers the agency he works for is guarding a secret: a crossing to a parallel dimension. Through Howard and his "Counterpart" on the other side, Prime, the show will navigate themes of identity, idealism, what ifs, and lost love.

Counterpart is an unexpected, dark, quirky, noir sci-fi fantasy playing in today's world but within a setting mixed with modern (2017) and retro (1970's) locations and gizmos. The story is not about the past, it is about the present, but of 2 parallel worlds that connect. I don't want to give too much away so you'll have to find out the rest on your own. Trust me, you won't be disappointed, and if you haven't started watching this yet then I hope the reason is because you're waiting to binge the entire season after it ends. Otherwise you must have missed the memo! A must watch show for its high quality story telling, character build up, set design, music, editing and classic yet seamless directing. Oh, did I forget to mention that J.K. Simmons, whose double-barreled performance is GODLY phenomenal in this, works so subtly, and seemingly effortlessly, that you always know which Howard you're watching, but you're never aware of how you know.

Bigguy

I have heard of this but it was awhile ago....maybe that was a different show. Not sure but it sounds familiar.

Steve

I liked it at first but after a few episodes it just wouldn't hold my interest.
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.