Sep 16, 2019, 11:47 PM

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

Polar Vortex

Started by Bigguy, Jan 28, 2019, 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

So I guess we are supposed to get a lot of snow comin our way. That starts today into tomorrow. After this we are gonna get hit by the Polar Vortex. Temps will drop drastically. Without wind chill we could see -25c or so. The cold for us here in Ontario starts Sometime Tuesday and lasts most of the week. Keep bundled up and if you don't have to go out than don't. Stay in where it's warm.

Bigguy

Well, we got the snow. All 8 inches or so of it. Already got the driveway shoveled. Roads aren't closed, which sucks, lol. Would be nice for a day off. Temps are supposed to drop later today. With wind chill they are talkin close to or around -30c. That's gettin cold, lol. It won't last long though. Few days than we will be out of it.

Bigguy

Roads are closed now. Go figure. They closed them right as I am done work. I heard from one of the customers they had police sitting on my road blocking it so no one could go by. As I left town the guy that brings the sign to put across the road was just leavin for where that police was sittin. I got to the police before the sign guy did and had a chat with him. He let us come home. That was a relief. Glad to be here I tell ya.

Lesmond

Snow was that bad here they had to close the roads too!! :lol

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Bigguy

:lol ...I can believe that, lol. Road is still closed and temps have fallen. It's now, with wind chill, -24c. It's gonna get colder today so they say. I hope they keep that road closed. :pll

Bigguy

Road is still closed. Just about to call the boss and tell him to look for someone else for my shift. :yes

Bigguy

Out shovelin snow just a minute ago. My god that wind will rip ya apart.

Bigguy

Jan 31, 2019, 06:46 AM #7 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019, 09:18 AM by Bigguy
Roads are still closed around here. Winds are still up but it's not snowin now so that's good. Maybe I'll get to go to work today. ;)

Ken.

Stay safe BG.

No snow here, but we are freezing our asses off.  :shocked1:
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Bigguy

Thanks Ken. This cold snap is almost over. Saturday supposed to be in the +'s

Lesmond

I feel sorry for Steve (Skhilled) his heating has broken down :(

Bigguy

That sucks man. I know how he feels. We are using heaters right now as our furnace can not be used. Our fireplace I bought is not hooked up either so...heaters only here. :(

Bigguy

My road is open. After being storm stayed 2 days they finally opened it. Also, this cold snap is over today, thank god. Now we go into some nicer temps. :hd

Steve

Yea, thank goodness ... the polar vortex is directly related to 21 deaths in our country ... freezing to death is not a way I would choose to go ...
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

No, that would not be fun at all man. I hate the cold to begin with....think how grumpy I would be if I knew I was freezing to death. Man I would be one hot popsicle, lmao. It's not funny though really. -35 is nothin to laugh at. That's pretty cold even for us Canucks, lol.