Apr 19, 2019, 09:10 am

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Willy says

Started by Bigguy, Feb 02, 2019, 04:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Wiarton Willie that is says it's gonna be a early spring. I gotta agree with him. I think we have had our winter. No matter how good or bad it was. Don't get me wrong, it's not over yet. I think we have seen the worst of it though. Now I have two rodents backin me up, lol.

News

Lesmond

We don't get it so bad here in the UK, some parts do, like the north. Our city is in a valley so most of it misses us anyway.

Bigguy

Your lucky. Have you ever visited Canada in the winter.....it's damn cold....What I really mean to say is fuckin cold man, lol. I'm Canadian and I can barely stand it, lol. :nope :hb

Lesmond

I have never been out the country, except a day trip to France, which is 20 mile from england, across the english channel lol

Coldest I can remember is -15c that didn't last long.

Bigguy

The coldest I can remember that I went through is -46c. That was a few years ago. I think this time we didn't get that far down. Maybe -30 to -35c maybe. It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey I tell ya. :lol

Lesmond

according to this page it has been colder, mainly north Scotland, about 2 or 3 hundred miles north of me,

https://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2012/10/16/top-ten-coldest-recorded-temperatures-in-the-uk/

Bigguy

People around here still wear shorts in those temps, lol. ;)

Lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 02, 2019, 05:35 pmPeople around here still wear shorts in those temps, lol. ;)
although not so cold here, guy here do too, including young girls with very short skirts and no coats, like its summer or something! must be fracking crazy lol

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 02, 2019, 04:10 pmWiarton Willie

Pfftt ... he's only right 25% of the time. Our Punxsutawney Phil is right 39% of the time.
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Willie is right more than that, lol. What did Phil say this year....same thing right. ;)

Lesmond

Quote from: Lesmond on Feb 02, 2019, 05:39 pmincluding young girls with very short skirts and no coats, like its summer or something! must be fracking crazy lol
This is what I mean ❄⛄🌨

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Steve

Quote from: Steve on Feb 02, 2019, 06:54 pm
Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 02, 2019, 04:10 pmWiarton Willie

Pfftt ... he's only right 25% of the time. Our Punxsutawney Phil is right 39% of the time.
Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 02, 2019, 07:26 pmWillie is right more than that, lol.

From here: clicky

Quote... scientists have estimated Willie's accuracy at 25%.

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 02, 2019, 07:26 pmWhat did Phil say this year....same thing right. ;)

Yep. :P

We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Alright I was proven wrong, lol. 25% is still ok when you couple it with the 39% from punksito....whatever his name is. :)

live627

Several years ago we went to enjoy snow up north either in Flagstaff or Sedona, Arizona. And the temp was 16°F at night while we were shopping for a food.

Bigguy

That's not to bad for temps. I could live with that. Now -45c that's cold. That's -49f so about the same.