Apr 19, 2019, 09:07 am

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

To much

Started by Bigguy, Feb 17, 2018, 04:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

There is to much of it. Technology is a good thing for sure, if it's used in the right way. Things like smartphones have come on to quick without enough training in how they should be used. Look at the zombies walking around in today's society. It's crazy. I agree that technology is a good thing in some ways but in others it's just making us more reliant on it.

What happens these days when you want to do anything...the first thing your reach for is your phone, why. Cause it, for some reason is now the most important thing in your life. I don't get it. Did you see what I said a few sentences back..."You reach for your PHONE"
It's a damn phone, put it away and figure shit out for yourself. I mean really.

This is just my rant about phones but it is a bit stupid. We survived without smartphones for decades and longer. Now, it's the first thing we go to for any type of fix. We should be doing more for ourselves and putting the damn phone down once and awhile, after all, it is just a phone isn't it. ???

Steve

I think Zager and Evans had it right in their song 'In The Year 2525' ... only problem is, I think things are going to happen sooner than they thought.

Another problem is that advancing technology also means advances in the treatment of things like cancer so where do you draw the line?

Personally, I'm all for hearing about those fools who get run over by buses or fall off cliffs because they were looking at their phones. It means they're improving the gene pool. :P
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Lol. Like I said though using technology to advance cancer treatment or cures is great. Go for it I say. But using it to make a facebook for kids is just wrong. Kids should be kept away from computers and phones and the net until they learn how to play like we did and use their imaginations and shit. These days there is none of that in kids. They are stuck to their phones and on twitter or snapchat or whatever. It's dumb.

Steve

Can't argue with you there. Social media is another rant I'm going to get into ...
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

That'll be a good rant. :)