Mar 24, 2019, 04:59 pm

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

Rain, Rain...

Started by Ken., Feb 17, 2019, 03:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Rain, Rain... over and over and then all over again!!!  :dh

Seems like it has been going on just about forever, yes I do know that's not really true, but Kay and me have enjoyed this weather for about as much as we can stand.

Here's a fun factoid though, our local TV station, WXII-12, will wait about one-two weeks after the weather clears and the rain stops and then they will start talking about our upcoming drought conditions!
... not much of an exaggeration there, they always do that, year after year.  :P
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Bigguy

Not much weather going on here right now. It is supposed to snow at some point. I wish we were going through a drought right about now, lol. :(  I feel the same way about the snow as you do about the rain. :ang

live627

Freeze watch here for Tuesday night :shocked1:

Bigguy

That always sucks, feezing rain. My drive way is still froze over from last time we had it. :(

live627

Rain certainly is in the forecast but not on Tuesday. The alert also says no colder than 30°F. So if rain freezes, it won't stay like that for long.

Bigguy

That's good to hear. Your temps are lookin good. :yes

landyvlad

You foreigners think you know what rain is eh....

This is Townsville in North Queensland in the last few weeks.
(Twitter #townsville #bigwet )

The result of a little rain..

meanwhile a bit further south and closer to home... we might cop this cyclone

You cannot see attachments on this board.
My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php

live627

Everything tries to kill you down under, even the weather!

Bigguy

That's a bit of rain for sure. I hope the cyclone misses you guys.

live627

landyvlad

Quote from: live627 on Feb 20, 2019, 01:41 amEverything tries to kill you down under, even the weather!

Floods, Fires, Deadly animals, Deadly fish, Deadly spiders... and still we can't keep you Poms and Septics away !

Jeez, take a hint!  LOL
My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php

Lesmond

Better look out my cousin is in Brisbane right now lol

Ken.

Quote from: landyvlad on Feb 19, 2019, 08:50 pmYou foreigners think you know what rain is eh....

This is Townsville in North Queensland in the last few weeks.
(Twitter #townsville #bigwet )

The result of a little rain..

meanwhile a bit further south and closer to home... we might cop this cyclone

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Whoa!!! That is some rain. Stay safe there in Townsville.
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."