May 26, 2019, 08:02 pm

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Update

Started by Bigguy, Feb 23, 2019, 06:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Feb 23, 2019, 06:39 pm Last Edit: Feb 25, 2019, 08:29 pm by Bigguy
An update to the site will be coming soon. This will be a big one and there could be problems. If there is, and until things are resolved, the site could be closed. We will open once all problems are solved. I will post here before I do anything.

live627

Well now seems like as good a time as any, seeing as how this site got real quiet after SMFH was restarted.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 23, 2019, 06:39 pmAn update to the site will be coming soon. This will be a big one and there could be problems. If there is, and until things are resolved, the site could be closed. We will open once all problems are solved. I will post here before I do anything.

Trouble with the updates, it kicks everything out, and you have to reinstall everything..Think this will be the final update?

Bigguy

I hope it's not the final one. It would suck to loose the site. An update has to be done though. Yeah things did get quiet here. Had lots to do at SMFH, which is pretty much done now. Almost time to open the site I think, close anyway.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 24, 2019, 01:09 pmI hope it's not the final one. It would suck to loose the site. An update has to be done though. Yeah things did get quiet here. Had lots to do at SMFH, which is pretty much done now. Almost time to open the site I think, close anyway.

What do you mean loose the site??

landyvlad

My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php

lurkalot

I think BG means, loose the site should something go wrong with updating it.

Bigguy

Well that yes but they have also said you can not update a site from beta to RC. Seeing as this site started on beta I wonder if it can be updated.

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 23, 2019, 06:39 pmthe site could be closed

Good lord let's hope not! I'm not here every day but I need this site to maintain my sanity!  :yes
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Update is complete. I will be putting mods back and doing customization soon. Tonight, just not right now. :)

Ronald

Ah I see its 2.1 RC1 that's what I have.

Bigguy

Yup, this is from GH though not from SMF. I was worried we would not be able to upgrade. So far I think things are ok.....I think.

Bigguy

Tp copyright is not in the right spot for some reason.

Bigguy

Everything is not complete yet. 85% complete I would say. The rest will be done in the morning. :yes

live627

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 25, 2019, 06:44 pmthey have also said you can not update a site from beta to RC
That's something that has puzzled me too. IMO such a process would benefit the developers so as to not require constant reinstalls or whatever. I'm certainly not doing that. Running Populate.php once took long enough.