Mar 24, 2019, 05:00 pm

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

Need Help or Advice

Started by Ronald, Mar 09, 2019, 06:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

In the USA, where I also live is in a townhouse, I have AT&T Uverse, a Ariss NVG599 Gateway, it also has a WiFi connection, which has been turned on..

My problem seems to lie between the Gateway and my second computer.. My laptop can connect to the Gateway..

The Gateway is located on the floor at the back of the townhouse, between the wall and my computer desk. My backup computer is on the lower level at the front end of the townhouse, probably some 30 to 35 feet away. This backup computer is a Dell Optiplex 925 and will not pick up the Gateway signal so I can log in.. Does this older computer need a wireless connection is order to sign in to the Gateway.

My Laptop picks up the Gateway signal ok..

Anyone know what I am trying to do, if so would you be of any help with your suggestions as to what I need to do..

Neša

I'm not sure if that computer came out with a wireless card. I can't find the specs for it.
If you can get an ethernet cable to the computer, you can use that to connect to the internet. Otherwise, you will need a wireless card to connect to your gateway.

Ronald

Quote from: Neša on Mar 14, 2019, 06:11 amI'm not sure if that computer came out with a wireless card. I can't find the specs for it.
If you can get an ethernet cable to the computer, you can use that to connect to the internet. Otherwise, you will need a wireless card to connect to your gateway.

The computer bit the dust.. Going through my box of goodies from disable computers, found a wireless card, plugged it in and the computer would not fire up after that..took the card back out same thing, I think the power supply is gone..

Neša

Could you have clipped a wire when installing the card?
Maybe you unplugged something by accident?

Ronald

Quote from: Neša on Mar 21, 2019, 07:10 amCould you have clipped a wire when installing the card?
Maybe you unplugged something by accident?

Nope no broken wires. I did remove a small panel from the back and the wireless card just plugs into the slot at the bottom.

I have another power supply and a second mother board, when I get back to the USA I'll try one or the other or both..