Jul 10, 2020, 09:15 PM

News:

There are a lot more boards available to members.

Artificial intelligence

Started by Bigguy, Sep 24, 2019, 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Does it scare you, maybe it should. I don't think I wanna live in a world controlled by robots. They are making great strides these days with AI. Robots are playing chess and learning, doing school work and learning, working at jobs and learning. I don't care if they work. We've always had machines work for us, but learning, I don't think so. Why do they need to learn, what good is that for them....or us.

It makes no sense. If they start to take over jobs what do we do. If they get so smart they can actually fix each other and build new AI what then.....are we even needed at that point. Sounds like we wouldn't be. With all the problems in the world right now you would think that all these scientists working on AI would concentrate on making this world a better place. All they wanna do is play with robots. Visions of terminator come to mind, lol. By the time any of this happens, most of us probably won't be around, which may not be a bad thing. I think there are far better things to be working on right now in the world than robots.

Lesmond

Will it mean a Terminator assassin sent back in time from a post-apocalyptic future to kill us all :(

Bigguy

Maybe....if we could invent time travel at the same time AI was at it's peak :lol

Ken.

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."