• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 01, 2021, 05:01 AM

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

Why no discussion

Started by Bigguy, Mar 18, 2018, 05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I'm just wondering....not mad or nothin but I thought even with the small amount of members we have that there would be more discussion on this. Maybe not to many really know about it. I will admit, I don't know everything I should.

Ronald

I have the same problem on my forum.. Lots of guests and no posters..Sometimes I have as many as 24 members signed in yet they still don't post..

My past week and so far this week are taken up with taken Jane to Doctors, hospitals, lawyers, etc..Like today to the Dentist, Thursday we see the Oral Surgeon, one day next week we have to go to U of M for a biopsy..

When I have some free time, I grab a nap..Last week I went three nights with no or very little sleep, constant care is needed for Jane.. I have to do all the household chores, and I mean everything..

Bigguy

I feel for ya man. It sounds hard for sure. You guys will make it through though. Hang in there man. ;) Better days are comin. I just wondered why there was very little posts in this board. It is a lot harder these days to start a forum due to all the social networking. It takes a lot to keep it going. 

Ronald

People tend to go to places like Facebook and Twitter now, Internet forums are a thing of the past..

I did start a Arcade forum using IPB the older version, because SMF didn't have an Arcade that worked with out error. My Arcade forum is doing better than my regular Senior's forum..

Generation today, are more interested in Social Media, what ever App they can install on the cell phone, what they don't know is how bad Facebook interferes with their lives.. Read this: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/companies/facebook-tracks-a-scary-number-of-details-about-you-%E2%80%94-heres-how-to-find-out-everything-it-knows/ss-BBKuscp?li=AAggNb9#image=1

Bigguy

I have heard of this for sure. I don't go on it much and when I am on it I don't do nothin but scroll through posts.

chen_zhen

Quote from: Ronald on Mar 21, 2018, 12:40 PMI did start a Arcade forum using IPB the older version, because SMF didn't have an Arcade that worked with out error. My Arcade forum is doing better than my regular Senior's forum..

Really? If it was SMF Arcade issues then you should have reported an issue on my forum.
Although perhaps you tried but it was down for a while.

The only recent issue was if you updated your mysql to the latest version it had a default setting which I just corrected the code to handle.
Also IBP arcade only plays flash and some recent browser versions are making it difficult to use it.
The latest version of SMF Arcade plays HTML5 games but I have only converted 12 thus far.
For anyone that is adept with programming javascript & HTML, HTML5/js games can be converted quite easily.

Ronald

Quote from: chen_zhen on Mar 24, 2018, 12:24 AMReally? If it was SMF Arcade issues then you should have reported an issue on my forum.
Although perhaps you tried but it was down for a while.

The only recent issue was if you updated your mysql to the latest version it had a default setting which I just corrected the code to handle.
Also IBP arcade only plays flash and some recent browser versions are making it difficult to use it.
The latest version of SMF Arcade plays HTML5 games but I have only converted 12 thus far.
For anyone that is adept with programming javascript & HTML, HTML5/js games can be converted quite easily.

It was before Steve tried updating the Arcade, It was giving us loads of errors at the time. I was on your forum, but Stave banned me from there, Steve doesn't like it, when you don't follow his advice or say the wrong thing..All I can do is read, not allowed the register neither..

So I closed the SMF forum and open it on IPB, I had an old version, sitting doing nothing, so I made it an Arcade Forum..

chen_zhen

Not allowed to register where?
On web-develop.ca ?

I only see one user named Ronald on my site with 1 post and there is no ban.
If you're talking about docskillz that is not my site nor is it the main arcade support site.
I have admin access on his site but it is not my place to adjust any bans.
You are more than welcome to post on my site.

The arcade has some issue someone just reported but it still functions just fine.
The only problems I am seeing as of late are due to a recent mysql release that I have had to adjust for.
These type of things are not foreseen because I do not pay attention to beta versions of mysql (or mysqli) to know what changes are upcoming.
Anyhow if you use it just report any problems and I can fix them in s short time.

Ronald

Quote from: chen_zhen on Mar 25, 2018, 11:16 AMNot allowed to register where?
On web-develop.ca ?

I only see one user named Ronald on my site with 1 post and there is no ban.
If you're talking about docskillz that is not my site nor is it the main arcade support site.
I have admin access on his site but it is not my place to adjust any bans.
You are more than welcome to post on my site.

The arcade has some issue someone just reported but it still functions just fine.
The only problems I am seeing as of late are due to a recent mysql release that I have had to adjust for.
These type of things are not foreseen because I do not pay attention to beta versions of mysql (or mysqli) to know what changes are upcoming.
Anyhow if you use it just report any problems and I can fix them in s short time.

No I do belong to your forum.. But there was a Test board setup for testing and reporting Arcade errors..I belonged to the test board, and then all of a sudden I was gone, every time I tried to sign in I was told I had no access, then I tried to register numerous times and the registration was disabled.. No biggie, don't worry about it..I think Steve set the Arcade Test Board up..