Dec 15, 2018, 12:37 am

News:

There are a lot more boards available to members.

Radar

Started by Bigguy, Mar 23, 2018, 11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Mar 23, 2018, 11:16 pm Last Edit: Sep 08, 2018, 11:13 pm by Bigguy Reason: removed link, updated post
A radar page has been made for members of the site. It is one of the best I have seen and I hope you all enjoy it. Again, this is for members only. I hope this helps our members a bit with knowin whats going on with the weather. Link should be in the menu.

Bigguy

Soon....Honestly I forgot but I will do this soon.

Skhilled

Bigguy

I had a site bookmarked that had a free api and code and all that...do you think I can find it now, lol....no.

Skhilled

Don't get me started. I can find bookmarks for sites I've been to 10 years ago but not for yesterday! LOL

Bigguy

I know eh, lol.

Bigguy

Still workin on this. I found one but it's not very good.

Ronald

Bigguy

I'll check that out.

Bigguy

That's server stuff. I just want the code for the site, ,not to host it.

Bigguy

OK we might soon have a radar map on the site.....maybe, lol. I found one and have been checkin it out for the last hour I think. I have some settings configured so maybe later tonight I will play around with it and see what I can do.

Bigguy

Bigguy

So the radar has been moved to the menu. If you can see the calendar than you can see the radar. All members should be able to. I am removing the link from this thread.

Bigguy

If ya play around with it a bit....it's very cool really.

landyvlad

We just use the radar feed from our local BOM (Bureau of Meteorology)

But as far as a non-radar weather page is concerned - with moons, tides etc etc THIS is the best I've found.

https://www.willyweather.com.au/qld/sunshine-coast/woody-point.html

Obviously can pick any point in the world, and can make it as a feed to a web page oo as per the bottom of the following page -

http://www.gayundah.info/wp/?page_id=832

Commander Vimes didn't like the phrase "The innocent have nothing to fear," believing the innocent had everything to fear, mostly from the guilty but in the longer term even more from those who say things like "The innocent have nothing to fear."  (Terry Pratchett)