Jul 12, 2020, 01:27 AM

News:

Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Earthquake

Started by Bigguy, Apr 19, 2018, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Ok, well I guess so. We had one today. here is a brief quote:

QuoteAMHERSTBURG, Ont. - There are no reports of injuries or damage after a minor earthquake struck southwestern Ontario Thursday night.

News

Skhilled

Glad no one was hurt.

Bigguy

These things rarely happen. When I say rarely. I can't remember the last one.

Ronald

We live right next to Amherstburg about 10 to 15 miles away... Let me tell you it was scary. I was on the computer, I heard one hell of a loud explosion and my whole place started shaking like a leaf..

The explosion sounded like it was right in my back yard. Some of us neighbours ran outside figuring a home around had blown up, it was that bad..

Bigguy

Oh really eh. That's nuts. Glad it wasn't "the big one". I don't remember any of these when I was a kid.

Skhilled

I've been in a few earthquakes...nothing major but was still scary. I've even slept through one and never noticed it! LOL Everyone said the streets were rippling and there were really load noises and the house were shaking pretty good. I never noticed and slept through the whole thing.

Bigguy

Quote from: Skhilled on Apr 20, 2018, 04:57 PMI never noticed and slept through the whole thing.

Amazing what beer can do eh, lol. ;)

Skhilled

LOL, can't remember if I was drinking that day or not...was a long time ago.

Bigguy

They don't usually happen in Ontario really. Until recently I think this has been the second that I remember in 8 years or so and before that they did not happen that I remember. Could be due to climate change I don't know but I bet more start to happen.

Skhilled

Wel, they say they happen more than you realize but you just don't notice them cause they are just very small tremors. We tend to notice the lagers ones when things around us start shaking.

Bigguy

I mean the big ones though like this one. We have not had a lot of these at all.

Skhilled

I think we had one here a few years ago was the last one recorded.

Bigguy