Mar 18, 2019, 08:58 pm

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Cosby Guilty

Started by Bigguy, Apr 26, 2018, 04:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I used to like this guy. He was pretty funny back in the day. Who new that any of this shit was going on. What an ass.

QuoteIt's a victory not just for Andrea Constand -- but scores of other women accusing Bill Cosby of sexual misconduct stretching back decades.

News

Skhilled

Unfortunately, there's a lot of this going on today. My thoughts are how can so many stay silent for so long? I haven't been in the situation so I guess I can't know...

Bigguy

I wonder the same thing. I mean in the Olympic doctor case 100's stayed silent for years and years. If something like that were to happen to me I would tell someone right away. Get the bastard off the damn streets and castrate him.

Steve

Herein lies a problem ... a 'guilty until proven innocent' avalanche has started and no celebrity is 'safe'. It's now gotten to the point where if a woman says she was assaulted umpteen years ago by so-and-so, people automatically believe her.

Don't get me wrong, I fully believe the problem was and is widespread but I also believe there are a number of women taking advantage of the situation.
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Quote from: Steve on Apr 27, 2018, 06:55 pmIt's now gotten to the point where if a woman says she was assaulted umpteen years ago by so-and-so, people automatically believe her.

Yup, and here we go. Everyone is gonna jump on the band wagon with this. Don't get me wrong. I don't think it should ever happen to a woman at all, but not ever woman in the world has been sexually assaulted either. Once something like this starts it's hard to put an end to it. Those that have had it happen it really sucks and I wish it didn't for them. The ones that are just out for the cash and the reputation can go take a long walk off a short pier.

Pwillie

The fact that he was found guilty means nothing to me. Why did it take so many years for this to come out, if he was as big a monster as they are letting on. Are you trying to tell me he raped HUNDREDS of women and NOBODY thought to say anything until now when the guy is like in his 70's. The fact that there is so much doubt surrounding this probably means he should have been found innocent under the innocent until "proven" guilty way of doing things in American courts, however I think there is alot of court of public opinion affecting judgements these days. I can totally see how someone could be innocent and found guilty of this. I'm not saying he's not guilty, I really don't know but I'm saying a guilty verdict in a court (Canadian or American) means absolutely dick all to me and how I regard any individual. I've seen to many times, especially here in Canada where someone went "up the river" so to speak and then they found out 20 years later they were innocent, way to many times.

Sometimes I think they just need a guilty verdict so badly because of public opinion that they get one despite and proof or lack thereof.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put .
 - Sir Winston Churchill

Bigguy

They pull people from jail all the time that that has happened to. It's a shame shit isn't done right when it is supposed to. I mean your playin with a life here. You have to have evidence before you toss a guy in to rot and take 20 years from his life. I do think though that Cosby in this one charge admitted to giving pills to the chick and gettin her all drugged up. I think there were 3 counts of that with a possible 10 years for each. So, he could do 30 years in jail. Which is dumb. He won't make half that I bet.

Skhilled

He should not have admitted to give them the pills! Dumbass! I'm not saying he's right or wrong but he pretty much handed them the evidence.

Bigguy

Yup, and now he has about 30 years to think about that.

Steve

Quote from: Pwillie on Apr 28, 2018, 01:05 amthe guy is like in his 70's
Actually, he's 80 and legally blind.

If he actually does go to prison, which I doubt, accommodations will be made for his security and for his blindness.
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

I think he will go but it will be a condo or something with a ankle bracelet, lol.