Jun 27, 2019, 05:16 am

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

This should be watched

Started by Bigguy, May 19, 2018, 07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

and shared as much as you can

Bigguy

May 29, 2018, 03:29 pm #1 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018, 01:18 pm by Bigguy Reason: spelling
My daughter has done this. Met people off the internet and then does not come home for a night. This has got to be one of the worst feelings for a parent. It's not safe out there. Young people have to realize that. For some reason they don't wanna listen so we as parents have to resort to this type of tactic.

Skhilled

Great idea! Kind of like "Scared Straight". My daughter was always on FB and believed everything on it until people started hating on her because someone lied on her because she didn't like her. Poor thing just couldn't understand it and was crying...idiot! She knows I've been surfing the net for about 30 years and listens to everything else I tell her about the net except for things like that.

Bigguy

My daughter lives on FB and the drama she creates and gets caught up in is staggering, I mean just ridiculous. I have tried to tell her about the net but she absolutely refuses to listen. I gave up. There is nothing I can do about it.

landyvlad

It's terrible how seriously kids take FB etc and how it's used as a channel for bullying.  When Iw as a kid if someone got bullied at school at last they'd escape it when they went home.  Now it's "there" for victims 24/7.

The consequences of cyber-bullying can be extreme and tragic.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/tributes-for-14yearold-dolly-everett-flow-in-following-her-tragic-suicide/news-story/aabdb67a476a5347f5859b793330167a

Obviously the media narrative is a bit too direct, and there was likely some mental illness at the crux of it, with the bullying being the trigger.
Whatever the case it's likely that had she not been bullied as she was, she might still be alive now.
My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php

Bigguy

I got bullied at school but I never took it serious. I just looked at it like the other person has a real problem if they're acting like that. It's terrible how kids these days feel suicide is the only way out.

Skhilled

Suicide has been going on for a lot of years. It just wasn't publicizied or talked about as it is now. A lot of things that people think are new are not. They are just more open because of social media. That's the best thing about it. More people are willing to tell their stories and video tape the things they see.