Jun 06, 2020, 04:02 AM

News:

There are a lot more boards available to members.

My poems

Started by Lesmond, May 23, 2018, 06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

A site I made a few years ago with some of the poems I wrote, I wanted to try out a page flip that looked like turning pages of a book this is what I can up with. Les's Book Of Poems

Bigguy

That's an awesome looking site and a great idea as well. Nice job on that. I have read a few poems now and they are good. Not sure who Lisa is but she wrote a good one as well. :rigon

Lesmond

Lisa is my wife of 30 yr :)

Bigguy

Well, you guys are good when it comes to poems. Some of those could be turned into songs. :ye

Lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on May 23, 2018, 07:17 AMWell, Some of those could be turned into songs. :ye

Your not the first person to say that, I don't have a clue about writing music :(

Bigguy

You have the lyrics, you need to find someone to put it to music. Someone that plays a guitar and does a bit of singing.

Lesmond

I found this site http://www.tryalysia.com/ to try one of my poems with music, its an AI that adds music to your lyrics, not brilliant, but its fun.

this is the poem I used. I download the music but its a midi file so cant attach it, so I have added the zip instead ;) 
QuoteMy True Love

I look into your eyes, and your face
I see beauty to behold
To me this is what I want to embrace
Always I will forever hold

Each morning I wake up
Just to know you are still there
To be by my side
Together and share

We try to take things slow
Lets not rush, let's not hush
We sure don't want to row
don't want to hide behind a bush

Bring it out, let it go
Just knowing my love is for you
Make sure you let it show
All I know this is true

I truly love you!
Not ever want to be without
I am sure I would be blue
To the world I would shout

[attach name=My_True_Love.zip type=application/zip]129[/attach]

Bigguy

On my mobile right now but will look when I get indoors.

Bigguy

That's pretty cool. I think the music goes with the poem, maybe a bit slower but it sounded good in my head, lol. Very awesome.

landyvlad

I have a whole book of poetry and stuff I wrote somewhere. Can't find it, but luckily I did transpose some into a word document and I have that.

Are you able to share how you did that book? Is there any way it could be incorporated onto a wordpress page that you know of? Its a great idea.

My only critique would be that the font isn't all that readable. Requires a bit of extra concentration.  But that's just a personal opinion. YMMV.
My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php

Lesmond

Quote from: landyvlad on Jul 11, 2018, 12:20 AMAre you able to share how you did that book? Is there any way it could be incorporated onto a wordpress page that you know of? Its a great idea.
I suppose it could be used in WP, its a simple script I found many years ago, I'll dig it out and share.
Quote from: landyvlad on Jul 11, 2018, 12:20 AMMy only critique would be that the font isn't all that readable. Requires a bit of extra concentration.  But that's just a personal opinion. YMMV.
Never really thought about the text tbh but you are right it does not look so readable, I will have a look to see if I can make it better.

Lesmond

Quote from: landyvlad on Jul 11, 2018, 12:20 AMMy only critique would be that the font isn't all that readable. Requires a bit of extra concentration.  But that's just a personal opinion. YMMV.

I have changed the font, let me know what you think?

landyvlad

Doesn't look as 'arty' BUT it is much more legible and allows my brain to focus on the content rather than deciphering the text...

landyvlad

Quote from: Lesmond on Jul 11, 2018, 10:15 AM
Quote from: landyvlad on Jul 11, 2018, 12:20 AMAre you able to share how you did that book? Is there any way it could be incorporated onto a wordpress page that you know of? Its a great idea.
I suppose it could be used in WP, its a simple script I found many years ago, I'll dig it out and share.

@Lesmond  nudge  :P