May 26, 2019, 07:58 pm

News:

Please, come on in and check things out. It would be our pleasure :)

Alexa, say it ain't so

Started by Bigguy, May 27, 2018, 10:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Well, I think we all knew or thought something like this was gonna happen. This is why I will not have Alexa or the other one in my home. To much technology. These things can listen to you and record you. I do not want my personal life recorded by a machine that is connected to the net. This is getting a bit much I think.

QuoteWe're learning an important lesson about cutting-edge voice technology: Amazon's Alexa is always listening. So are Google's Assistant and Apple's Siri.

News

Steve

The sad part about this is that if you tell the average person this, three things will happen:

1. Indignation will be vocalized
2. Verbal intent to do something to prevent this
3. Steps 1 & 2 get completely forgotten and they go on about their lives ...
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Quote from: Steve on Jun 01, 2018, 08:27 pmSteps 1 & 2 get completely forgotten and they go on about their lives ...

And there ends privacy....

Steve

Yep. That's why Facebook still exists. The member's don't care or pretend to be oblivious to the fact they have no privacy there.

Bigguy

Yup for sure man. I step outta my house now and I not only look left and right but now I look up to...just to see if I can spot drones....privacy, what privacy.

* Bigguy walks away disgusted.

Steve

I hear ya. If I didn't live in the country I'd be looking up too.

Skhilled

Assistants are a good thing..."IF" they are not owned by the company that makes your phone or your ISP. ;)

There are a number of other ones out there and they will help keep you organized and on track. BUT, you must find one that have no connections to the company that owns your phone, ISP, etc. Do your research on the company that designed it first!