Dec 02, 2020, 12:45 AM

News:

Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads....Articles. Plus a lot more to come.

Danforth Rampage

Started by Bigguy, Jul 23, 2018, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

All these shootings all over the place. It's getting a little ridicules. The weird part of it is there seems to be no motive behind most shootings these days. People just wake up, grab a gun and start blown people away. It's nuts.

News

Steve

Welcome to our world. :(
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.

Bigguy

Are they being radicalized or some shit or what. It just don't make sense to wake up and turn to shootin.

Skhilled

You should have lived in some of the neighborhoods I grew up in. LOL Got to a point where if there was no shooting we'd think something was wrong. LOL

Bigguy

I'm sorry to hear you grew up in rough places like that dude. That really sucks. You know what they say though....Whatever don't kill ya makes ya stronger. ;)

landyvlad

There's always a reason but usually that makes sense only to the individual concerned, and as they often end up dead we never find out.

Was pretty terrible I'll grant you that.

I do get annoyed how many people blame the guns, when obviously the person is the problem and they would use any weapon available if they had the inclination to kill. There was a massive knife massacre in China a couple of years back, but these days the preferred non-gun weapon appears to be a truck or car mowing people down.

Tightening gun laws in response is as silly as banning cars - it's a lazy response and doesn't actually work. It's purely politics over substance.

My SMF 2.1 RC1 TEST site:  http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php

Skhilled

I partially agree with you. There's no need for assault rifles except in a war. However, you are right that the person wielding the weapon is a bigger problem. Some are responsible while others are not. The issue is you can't always tell the psychos from the sane...

Steve

Quote from: Skhilled on Jul 25, 2018, 09:49 AMYou should have lived in some of the neighborhoods I grew up in. LOL Got to a point where if there was no shooting we'd think something was wrong. LOL

I hear ya. I'm white and lived in a black ghetto neighborhood for 9 years (long story). The first week I lived there a woman killed a junkie with a knife right outside my window ... with the crowd chanting 'Kill the bitch! Kill the bitch!' The incident made national headlines. It was quite a culture shock to put it mildly.
We need to start worrying about what kind
of world we're going to leave for Keith Richards.