Dec 10, 2018, 09:14 am

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media....Downloads and great discussion. Plus a lot more to come. Articles are back now. And so is a radio for Members ;)

If you won

Started by Bigguy, Feb 26, 2018, 06:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Feb 26, 2018, 06:34 am Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018, 11:56 pm by Bigguy Reason: fixed link..
the lottery....say 60 million. Would you want people knowing about it. :ques A woman in the states is fighting to remain unknown cause she is scared of violence and murder, among other things. I don't think I would want everyone knowing. That would lead to a lot of shit I think. People asking for money, trying to be your friends. Maybe kidnapping family members for ransom. I don't know, she may have a point.

News

Steve

Feb 26, 2018, 07:03 pm #1 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 07:06 pm by Steve
Not only no, but fuck no!! Every conceivable relative you may have will come out of the woodwork, not to mention every freaking charity and hard luck case in the world, will want a hand-out and like you said, you do become a target of the criminal element.

I have never understood the rule requiring the person who won be named.

Apparently there's a loophole in that a winner can create a trust, then sign the ticket with the name of the trust and collect their winnings that way. But if there's anyone who thinks this will protect their anonymity, I have some prime real estate to sell them.
If you ever think you'd be brave at gunpoint, just reflect on how
you responded the last time someone aimed a rubber band at you.

Bigguy

I think it's dumb. Who cares if you wanna remain anonymous or not, other than olg or whatever gaming corporation your dealing with. They only do it to cover their own asses so they don't get accused of taking the money in the first place. There should be a way to prove the money went to someone with them having to identify themselves totally. I mean the powerball in the states was what 650 million. (Which is stupid to begin with)

With that type of money why not move the entire family to a secure location, hire some body guards and build a new house far out in the country BEFORE you cash the ticket, lol. Have it all set up before you get the cash...or maybe the gaming corp, who ever it may be should offer this to winners of big jackpots. That might make things a bit better.

If someone wins the gaming corp offers to move the entire family to a secure location with body guards at the winners expense, or something like that. You get my point though right. That way people would not be so scared to win a big jackpot. I don't know.

Pwillie

I would not care really, I'd have no problem saying no to some people. lol, They know who they are anyway when it comes to family.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put .
 - Sir Winston Churchill

Bigguy

Quote from: Pwillie on Feb 27, 2018, 05:37 amI would not care really, I'd have no problem saying no to some people. lol, They know who they are anyway when it comes to family.
Saying no is not the problem though. The problem is not taking no for an answer. They'll just keep coming and some, if they don't feel they are being treated right will harm your family....distant relatives, hard to find family members, pissed off neighbors, lol. The shit money does to people.

Steve

Exactly. That's why anonymity should be optional for the winner.
If you ever think you'd be brave at gunpoint, just reflect on how
you responded the last time someone aimed a rubber band at you.

Bigguy

I agree for sure.