Oct 22, 2018, 09:51 pm

News:

Edge & FF browsers have the best chance of seeing this site the way it should be.

FF helps you browse

Started by Bigguy, Aug 08, 2018, 05:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I'm not sure I like this. I mean there are already a lot of devices and software pinpointing our location and browsing habits. Do we need more of this. I mean it's great to be helped once and awhile with a suggestion but I don't need every Tom, Dick and hairy knowing where I go on the net. Not that I go to bad places or anything it's about privacy really. Most of this is so companies can serve up ads and shit anyway.

News

Skhilled

I will not be optting in! I already keep my location services turned off so I'm not tracked and only use it when needed like using the GPS. I use other apps/programs to help shield me from prying eyes as well.

Bigguy

You should look into Spybot Anti-beacon. It's a real good program. One I should add to the software list.

Skhilled

Very nice! I'm always on the lookout for these things. :)

Steve

[size=9.5pt]The first option in any automated phone menu should be
"I'm really super pissed and just want to talk to a human!"[/size]

Ronald

Aug 19, 2018, 09:19 pm #5 Last Edit: Aug 19, 2018, 09:22 pm by Ronald
How to stop Google from tracking you and delete your personal data

It's no secret that Google knows a lot about you. The Silicon Valley giant's business model is largely reliant on advertising and data collection. This information is garnered from all of your interactions with the company: through search, the use of maps, and a lot more.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/google-history-search-tracking-data-how-to-delete

Follow the instructions, you can see all the places you have visited. You can delete all of these and tell google to not track you.

I just did it, we see how it goes..

Skhilled