Mar 18, 2019, 09:02 pm

News:

The site is young and always changing, get involved and help shape a community.

55 dollar athlon chip

Started by Bigguy, Sep 07, 2018, 08:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Now we get into budget building for pc's. I love building computers. I have not done so in about a year but if the prices stay this low I may have to get back into it soon. 55$ fora processor is great. The motherboard that goes along with it is nicely priced to. There may not be any overclocking options but like the article says at 3.2 ghz who really needs to.

News

Skhilled

Very interesting although very low budget. It seems the jury is still out on it but sounds promising.

Neša

I can't wait to see what the new AMD processors will do to Intel; they have to lift their game. The RISC ARM processors are also a nice cheap alternative. My raspberry pi 3 makes a decent desktop.

Bigguy

I'm on an older Intel but it flies along good. Might need to upgrade it one of these days.

Ronald

I have never built a computer before. My kid brother built them all the time for himself and others..

I always bought one..

I had replaced a few motherboards and processors, added memory, on and off switches, took the hammer to a few of them..

In the basement I have two big boxes of ram, processors, couple older motherboards, few odds and ends..

Skhilled

I've been building them for about 15 years now. I've got some very old equipment in my attic and basement like an Okidata dot matrix printer that uses fanfold paper. LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Jan 05, 2019, 07:55 pmI've been building them for about 15 years now. I've got some very old equipment in my attic and basement like an Okidata dot matrix printer that uses fanfold paper. LOL

Probably get a good buck for them if you were to sell, there like antiques..

Skhilled

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

Bigguy

I would hold on to it for a bit. If it is worth something now it'll be worth more later on. A few years down the road.

Neša

Yes hold onto them, I'm still annoyed at my self for throwing out my 486DX, and P3. I have my P4 sitting here I need a new HDD for it :D

Skhilled

I'm trying but my gf is on a cleaning spree. LOL I did throw out my old IMB personal laser...yeah, the first model they made, and starting to regret it. :(