Nov 16, 2018, 05:31 am

News:

Weather radar...Gallery...Arcade....Media and great discussion. Plus a lot more to come. Articles are back now. And so is a radio for Members ;)

Florence to hit east coast

Started by Bigguy, Sep 09, 2018, 10:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Batten down the hatches is the call for anyone living on the East coast. Here comes Florence. She looks big to, and mean. Predictions say she will blow apart after making landfall but by then there is gonna be a lot of damage I think.

News

Bigguy

This is not lookin good at all for the Carolinas.

Bigguy

This thing is huge. There are two more behind it still out at sea. I hope they don't come on the same path.

Bigguy

Been watching this on the radar here at WuB and they are right. Once it hits land it looks like it stalls and spins:

QuoteIt looks like as soon as it gets to the coast, there's a good chance it's going to stall right out. So [it will] end up getting cut off from the main jet stream flow that normally carries systems quickly up the coast," said CBC meteorologist Johanna Wagstaffe. "Instead, it'll just sit and spin."

News

Skhilled

Yeah, been a lot of massive flooding and rains. I'm up further north but still got hit hard with a lot of rain and some flooding in surrounding areas.

Bigguy

It wasn't as big as I though in terms of wind and shit. Still, 13 died because of Flo. R.I.P. to them. Loads of flooding everywhere.

Skhilled

It's the flooding and damage caused that's the biggest problems. Many people had to be evacuated and relocated. Many lost everything they had. Some of the little islands near there were cutoff from supplies and a lot more!

Bigguy

I didn't know there were islands down there.

Steve

Quote from: Bigguy on Sep 22, 2018, 09:29 am13 died because of Flo.

Actually, I believe the count is 42. :(
The first option in any automated phone menu should be
"I'm really super pissed and just want to talk to a human!"

Bigguy

42 now....wow. I didn't think it had gotten that high.